Our next meeting will be June 20th at the New Albany Library, 200 Market St, New Albany, Ohio.
- Committee Reports:
- Repeater: K8RSP reported that the existing repeater appears to be working well. He is close to installing the new Fusion repeater at the main site.
- Echolink: KD8GRN has installed hardware at a new site.
- VE-Exams: KD8ZG reported that they had 17 people attend their April 1 exam session and all but three upgraded
- New Business:
- N4DLR expressed a desire to have banners made to give the club more exposure at ham events such as hamfests.
- Website: N4DLR and N4HAI have taken the lead in designing a new website,
- Insurance: The club officers approved the purchase ARRL Club Liability Insurance.
- Inventory: N4DLR announced that Secretary KD8WK is documenting club’s assets.
N8WL and W3CRZ who gave an in-depth talk about Field Day rules with emphasis on our club’s participation in the event.
The club sponsors a 2 meter net every Sunday evening at 8 pm Eastern time on its repeater (146.67/131.8) and via Echolink at W8ZPF-L (Node 782142). The net is open to everyone – you do not need to be a CRES member to join. Visitors are always welcome and encouraged to participate.
Field Day Part 2
We had such a good time talking about Field Day last week, we’re going to do it again.
Bob W3CRZ and Steve N8WL are organizing our Field Day event at Infirmary Mound Park. We will be W8ZPF – 3A – OH. Watch here for more information.